Join Our Team
Tough Mudder is probably the best place to work on the planet. Our goal is to create unconventional, life-changing experiences, not only through our events, but also in our workplace.
Who we are
With offices in Brooklyn, London, and Melbourne, we are a global team of hard-working, dynamic and quirky employees committed to a world where people help each other overcome all obstacles. We are a diverse lot, with backgrounds that include operations, hospitality, construction, consulting, banking, law and the military—and experience at elite organizations like the Olympics, Disney, the US Army, IDEO, and Red Bull.
Why Join Tough Mudder?
People are our most important asset, and we believe in providing our employees with life-changing experiences just as we do with our customers. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Tough Mudder:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive health insurance benefits
- Pension (e.g. 401(k) plan)
- Annual performance based bonus
- Referral bonuses
- Ongoing career development opportunites and management training
- Annual Business Plan Competition (see TMU page for info)
- Fitness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Charitable opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Discounted gear with our sponsors
- Company retreats
- Quarterly team fun events (ski trips, color wars, barbecues)
- Free entries to Tough Mudder events for friends and family
Tough Mudder is a great place to work, but it’s not for everyone. We take pride in having extremely high expectations for both ourselves and for each other. Tough Mudder is the hardest job any of us has ever had, but it is also the most interesting and rewarding.
Join Our Ops Team
The Operations Team is the tip of the TMHQ spear.
What we look for
Getting hired into Tough Mudder is no easy task. We look for applicants who not only have the required career experience for the role, but who also fit our company culture, which is based on the Tough Mudder PACT.
What you need to know
- We look for ambitious people with high standards of excellence.
- We seek out candidates who have a proven track record of being results-driven.
- We look hard for people who are curious and inquisitive and who seek to continuously improve.
- We want colleagues who are honest, self-aware, a bit quirky, and who put teamwork first.
Meet the Founders
CEO & Founder
Will is a graduate of the University of Bristol and the Harvard Business School. Prior to founding Tough Mudder, he served in the UK Overseas Diplomatic Service in Counter-Terrorist Finance Operations. An avid endurance athlete, he is a native of Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, England, and now lives in Brooklyn with his wife.
Guy is a graduate of Edinburgh University. A keen sportsman and world-traveler, prior to Tough Mudder he was an attorney at the global law firm Allen & Overy, LLP, where he specialized in business law while juggling trekking trips across South Asia, South America, and the Middle East.
Tough Mudder University
Working at Tough Mudder is all about continuous improvement, and we take our training programs seriously. The umbrella framework for all of our training efforts is called Tough Mudder University, or TMU.
Joining the TMHQ team begins with a rigorous induction program to introduce you to the company and your fellow employees. Throughout your career at TM, you’ll undertake additional training designed to help you deliver in your role and grow in your career. This could be specific area-related training in marketing, event delivery, or financial operations, or it could be more general training such as Harvard Business School case studies, workshops to improve your negotiation skills, or seminars to develop your management abilities.Learn more
TMHQ Company Awards
Tough Mudder is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it. Check out the awards we’ve won as a team over the past few years.