Join the Mudder Volunteer Program and become an MVP
Why join “Probably the Best Team on the Planet” and become a volunteer? Because it’s like being courtside at an NBA game, except that LeBron is getting shocked by 10,000 volts of electricity. Our volunteers, otherwise known as our MVPs, help make Tough Mudder “Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet.”
“Volunteering at Tough Mudder Tri-State with my friends was awesome, and I know my cheering helped keep morale high for all the runners that went past our water station.” — Margaret L
We’ve had an incredible year with so many amazing volunteers… but sadly, the 2013 Tough Mudder event season is coming to a close. Luckily, we don’t have to wait too long for the fun to continue… we’re already announcing 2014 events and preparing to grow our MVP Team for next year.
2014 Volunteer Information
Interested in volunteering at a 2014 event (to enjoy all the great perks of being an MVP)? Check out the information below, and then fill out the 2014 MVP Interest Form to get more information when we launch the 2014 volunteer application.
We will officially open our volunteer application form in January 2014. In mid-January, look for an email from us and check this volunteer page for more information. In the meantime, please note:
- The number of volunteer opportunities are limited, so be sure you are one of the first to apply. We feel really lucky to have the support of so many people… but it does mean our team fills up very fast. Sign up as soon as possible after our application launches, but please only confirm a shift you can fully commit to.
- We aren’t able to offer a refund to those who purchase entry to a 2014 event and subsequently volunteer – But don’t forget, you can use your Volunteer Discount at any future Tough Mudder event of your choice.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts – We want to ensure you receive all the important emails we send about the launch of the 2014 volunteer application form, confirmation of your volunteer shift day and time, and pre-event information packets. Note, this email address is for outgoing-mail only. To contact us, please “Submit a Request” here.
Thanks again for your interest in joining Probably the Best Team on the Planet. We look forward to receiving your application when we open the 2014 volunteer opportunities in January.
Helpful MVP Links
You may be the first face thousands of participants see. You may be the person cheering on Mudders while they tackle a dumpster full of ice, you may be putting hard-earned headbands on Mudders as they cross the finish line. Whatever you do as a Mudder MVP, you’ll be at the heart of it all, creating life-changing experiences for everyone (including yourself).
- Registration– Provide the first welcome to the thousands of Tough Mudder Participants and Spectators.
- Event Experience– Help pump up, organize, encourage and congratulate our Mudders.
- Info Media– Help provide on-site customer service at its best.
- Bag drop– A key part of the participant experience, and typically the last stop before Mudders make their way to the start line.
- Course- Our British Special Forces-designed obstacles are tough. We need people to help encourage and motivate our participants as they barrel through 10-12 miles of hardcore challenges.
Our Volunteers need to be tough, just like our participants. We are the premier obstacle course in the world, which means that thousands of people come to run them. We start early – morning shifts kick off at 6.00am. We need people who are up for the challenge, will follow through on their commitment, like working with others, and are willing to jump right in.
As a thank you, all MVPs receive:
- Discounted participant entry (up to 90% off ) – click here to learn more
- Front-row seats to the best action in the house
- 20% off merchandise at the event
- Free Tough Mudder MVP t-shirt
- Breakfast and / or lunch
- One free beer ticket (if 21+ – those laws even apply at Tough Mudder)
- Free access to the Dos Equis Post-Party, with great music
- Free access to the event and free parking
“A great way to get a sense of the event. I didn’t feel ready to run a Tough Mudder, so I signed up to volunteer. After helping out and seeing what it was like, I’m now gonna sign up for the next one in Texas – can’t wait!” — Jim
By volunteering you are eligible for a discount which enables you to run a Tough Mudder for up to 90% off. If you volunteer for a full day, you can run for $20. If you volunteer for a half day, you can run for $40.
To get the volunteer discount, you must first volunteer at an event. Therefore, if you volunteer on:
- Saturday, you can run using your discount on Sunday or at any other event.
- Sunday, you can run using your discount at any other event.
You do not need to pre-register to participate using your discount.
Everyone who applies to be a MVP must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older. 16 and 17 year olds may volunteer, if accompanied by and volunteering with adult supervision and with a signed parent or guardian consent form.
- Attend your shift. Our MVPs play a critical role at our events. If you don’t show up, it affects the event experience
- An ability to speak and read English
- Flexibility for which role you will do
- Complete the ‘get prepped’ material we share about Tough Mudder, our events, and your role.