Training & Preparation for Tough Mudder
Tough Mudder will punish you, no matter your shape, size, or current level of fitness. As such, we encourage all Mudders℠ to increase their physical training in preparation for the event. That said, completing a Tough Mudder event is as much about mental toughness, grit, and camaraderie (and having a great time) as anything exclusively physical. In terms of what you are looking at: each Tough Mudder course will have 10-12 miles of hills, mud, water, ropes, walls, electric shocks, and fire designed to push you to your limit. Want more?
- Check out the information for the specific event(s) in which you’re enlisted to get specific.
- Ready to start your training? Time for Tough Mudder Boot Camp.
- Check out how some of the other half million Mudders worldwide get ready to take on Big Mudder.
- Review a list of what Tough Mudder recommends you bring with you on event day.
- See a timeline of what Mudders can expect pre-event, on event day, and post-event.
- Meet the Tough Mudder trainers behind the madness.
Are You Tough Enough? Take The Quiz:
The training program provided by Tough Mudder is for educational and entertainment purposes only, and is not to be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific exercise or training program. Participation is at your own risk, as this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce the risk of injury, before beginning this or any training program please consult your doctor. Tough Mudder is not responsible for any injuries that may result from the exercises or training program described on this site.