Ready for Fit French Toast recipe so killer you’ll crush the day? Yeah, you can totally eat French toast for breakfast before training, working, or diving into a project—as long as it’s loaded with protein, healthy fats and complex carbs.
Before you lace up and get outside, you’ve got to fuel up. Get down and dirty in the kitchen with our Fully Loaded French Toast, brought to you by our go-to creator of healthy-recipes-that-still-taste-amazing, Kevin Curry of Fit Men Cook. The perfect storm of complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein—this is the pre-workout trifecta that’ll keep you going even when the mud’s chilly and your body begs you to stay in bed.
For 2 servings, here’s what you’re gonna need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 slices thick Dave’s Killer Bread (or any type of whole-wheat, whole-grain bread of your choice)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Coconut oil spray
- Low-sugar syrup
- Create a batter by whisking together eggs, cinnamon, turmeric and protein powder in a small bowl. Dump the chopped walnuts onto a plate and place to the side.
- Grab a medium-large skillet and spray it with coconut oil. While the pan is heating up, take a slice of whole-grain or whole-wheat bread, dip both sides in the egg batter then dredge it through the walnuts until both sides are coated. Not a fan of walnuts? That’s cool, try pecans, almonds, or seeds – expand your horizons and try something new, alright?
- Gently place your fully loaded slices of french toast onto the pan. Once crispy (in a good way), it’s time to flip.that.toast. After cooking each side remove from skillet and top your fully loaded toast with some deliciousness like syrup, berries, or a banana and get ready to crush the day.