What our Operations Team is all about
Being part of the Operations Team involves the rigorous planning of our events, traveling to some of the most beautiful venues and finally the actual event execution, which includes a high level of interaction directly with our participants.
The Tough Mudder Operations Team plans and executes Tough Mudder events globally. The department’s core functions are venue engagement, logistics, construction, course design, event delivery and innovation. Working in Ops is complex and exciting work, as you’ll be exposed to all of these functions, plus gain experience with non-ops departments like marketing, legal, and finance, and be counted upon to maintain relationships with TM’s sponsors, vendors and local government hosts. You’ll get to work with, and learn from, incredible colleagues with backgrounds that span the Olympics, Formula 1, the PGA Tour, huge music festivals, professional services fields like finance, law, consulting and iconic brands like Disney, Red Bull and ESPN. Delivering world-class events means bringing world-class talent to create a world-class team.
- Ownership and delivery of the event process. There are no shareholders or investors. We own it. We deliver it.
- Travel to a variety of interesting locations around the world (national forests, ski mountains, motorsport tracks, stately homes, private farms, etc.)
- Interaction with a variety of people outside Tough Mudder (vendors, local officials, venue owners, sponsors/partners)
- An additional paid time off day for every event weekend worked, in addition to normal company holiday
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- End-of-year bonuses tied to individual and team performance
- 2 to 3 day planning trip for each assigned Tough Mudder event
- On the event site for a week prior to the event weekend