COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
TOUGH MUDDER EVENTS
REVISED AUGUST 4TH, 2021
As we return to hosting events in 2021, ensuring your safety and the quality of your on-event experience is our #1 focus. We are closely monitoring the latest science around the Delta Variant, and the resulting change in guidance and local regulations in many states.
Effective for August events, Tough Mudder staff and volunteers will resume wearing masks during event day and we highly encourage participants to wear masks while in the registration, merchandise and festival areas.
Our safety measures are informed by an independent epidemiologist expert and the latest research & science, and are intended to keep you safe while you enjoy your muddy adventure.
*In the event that a local city or state has more strict requirements than our plan listed below, we will default to the local guidelines. All registered attendees will receive safety information specific to their event (following input from state and local officials) via email between 1-3 weeks prior to their event.
KEY SAFETY PILLARS
We’re rolling out pre-event selection of start times and ensuring ample space for social distancing. Please keep appropriate distance from others or wear a mask in confined spaces like the gear store, changing areas and at registration.
We’ve removed the tents over the gear check area, and opened up the walls on changing tents, shade tents and merchandise to ensure good air flow.
Participants and volunteers are strongly encouraged to wear facial coverings in the registration, merchandise and festival areas. We’ll have masks and REIGN neck gaiters available for you on-site. You’ll see Tough Mudder staff, volunteers and partners wearing masks during the event weekend. Our staff test regularly before travel and while on-site during the event week.
YOUR COVID TOUGH PLEDGE
Tough Mudder is all about teamwork– and we all need to stick together to keep our entire community safe when returning to the mud. While we’ve got a solid plan in place to protect you, here’s how you can do your part:
- Stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick within the past 14 days. Consider taking a pass on the event if you’re part of a vulnerable group and haven’t yet received your vaccine.
- Be Informed! Read all event communication and signage, as it could contain important safety information on new event procedures and policies. Follow the instructions of medical personnel and Tough Mudder Staff.
- Respect social distancing and look for any visual cues like signage and ground markings that indicate where to stand and how far apart to be from fellow participants.
- Practice proper health and hygiene methods for hand washing, hand sanitizing, sneezing, coughing, etc.
- You are encouraged, but not required, to wear a face covering in the registration, merchandise & festival areas.
- Show up on time for your assigned start time.
- Give yourself and others some space.
- Thank the volunteers, they are there to keep you safe and help keep you going.
- Consider the safety of yourself and others around you.
- Respect the host community and venue.
• Check-In (Registration) area
• Start Line
• Water Stations
• Merchandise tent
• Food and Beverage queues
Brought to you by:
• Rinse stations will allow for greater distancing, and changing tents will have open sides to allow for increased ventilation.
• Gear Check will be in an enclosed, secured outdoor area without overhead covering to promote ventilation. Attendees should plan to bring their personal items in a waterproof bag.