Effective February 26, 2020
Tough Mudder offers a no questions asked, 48-hour refund policy for purchases made online from February 26th, 2020, including participant registrations, general admission registrations, Mudder Village registrations, parking passes, bag drop, and premium start waves offered directly by Tough Mudder. After 48-hours, refunds are not guaranteed and will only be made under the conditions below. Products or services offered by our partners, including but not limited to, Booking Protect, ViewSport, merchandise partners, are subject to each respective partner’s return and refund policies.
Tough Mudder may cancel, relocate, or change an event if circumstances beyond our control arise, including cancellations due to weather, war, civil or political unrest, labor strikes, pandemic or terrorism. In such circumstances:
1. Tough Mudder will use reasonable methods of notice, including email and text messages to notify all participants.
2. You will be given the option to transfer to another event for the current or next year.
3. Tough Mudder will have no responsibility for any costs incurred, including any travel or accommodation costs.
Tough Mudder offers refunds to registrants with proof of military deployment or required training dates that will interfere with event participation. Refunds are offered for the active duty member and immediate family members residing at the same address.
Promo code discounts/Technical Error. If a promo code is released within 48-hours of a participant’s purchase, Tough Mudder will apply a retroactive discount upon request. If a customer contacts customer service within 48-hours of their purchase to express that they did not apply the promo code correctly and/or had technical difficulty, we will retroactively honor the promo code. The promo code must have been valid during the time of the technical error.
Tough Mudder will evaluate all other requests and their respective circumstances and reasons on a case-by-case basis.
During registration, customers have the option to add registration insurance to their order, which can cover 100% of registration costs. Customers who have opted in to registration protection coverage will be covered for predetermined reasons if they are unable to attend the booked event. Full terms here.
Tough Mudder gives participants the option to transfer registrations between persons or events. Please read the following rules and conditions to determine your eligibility for a transfer.
1. The self-serve transfer option is available to an event in the same country as the original ticket.
2. Self-serve transfers must be to an event in the same calendar year as the original event, or an event in the following calendar year.
3. If a participant defers a registration to the following year, the registration may not be transferred again to another year.
4. Event transfers are applicable to World’s Toughest Mudder, Toughest Mudder, Tougher Mudder, Tough Mudder Classic and Tough Mudder 5k events, Mudder Village Passes and Mini Mudder.
5. Person transfers are applicable to Toughest Mudder, Tougher Mudder, Tough Mudder Classic and Tough Mudder 5k events, Mudder Village Passes and Mini Mudder.
6. Self-serve event transfers must completed by 11:59PM on the Friday immediately preceding the original scheduled event weekend. There is a $15 transfer fee (plus taxes/fees) for event transfers.
7. Person transfers completed by two Wednesdays, or 10 days, prior to the start of the event weekend are subject to a fee of $15 (plus taxes/fees). Person transfers initiated less than 10 days before the event will be processed onsite and incur a $20 onsite fee.
8. If a participant is transferring from a higher priced format or event to a lower priced format or event, the difference in price will not be refunded.
9. Add-ons associated with registrations are not automatically transferred to an event or person. If a self-serve transfer is completed by the customer, contact [email protected] to have your add on reinstated on your new registration. Add-ons in the new event are subject to availability.
10. Event transfer requests for unused registrations must be submitted no later than 11:59PM on the Friday immediately following the event weekend of the original registration.
11. Registration transfers forfeit eligibility for Registration Protection
12. Free/Volunteer/Charity/Partner/Corporate registrations may not be transferred to another event directly by the customer. Contact [email protected] no later than two Wednesdays, or 10 days, prior to the Tough Mudder event weekend associated with the registration.
13. Registrations redeemed via Race Pass are eligible for event transfers, but are not eligible for person transfers. Race Pass registrations are intended for use solely by the owner of the pass.
14. Season passes and bundles are not eligible for person transfers (including WTM + Season Pass). All registrations associated with the passes are meant to be redeemed by the same person.
15. Unused Season Passes can be deferred to the year immediately following the year for which the Season Pass was originally purchased.. Contact [email protected]after the season has passed to have your pass reactivated for the following year. A $15 fee will apply.
16. World’s Toughest Mudder registrations are not eligible for person transfers but may be deferred to the following year once, and only in the event the ticketholder is unable to attend.
17. Event transfers (same weekend) –
(18) Event transfers (same year & future year) – Event transfers to another event in the same year, completed by 11:59PM on the Friday immediately prior to the original scheduled event start date, can be completed by the customer via myevents.active.com. If a fee greater than $15 (plus taxes/fees) is charged for transfers to the same brand as the original registration, you can contact [email protected] to request a refund for the difference in price. Transfers to an event scheduled earlier on the event schedule from a later event are subject to the difference in cost based on the timing of the original purchase. Tough Mudder reserves the right to deny refund requests based on the determination that pricing policies are being abused or customers are thought to be taking advantage of policies. Any scenario not listed below assumes that there is a $15 fee (plus taxes/fees) and difference in cost associated with the transfer process.
Event transfers (same event, same year, or defer to next year) – Transfers completed by 11:59PM on the Friday immediately prior to the scheduled event start date, can be completed by the customer through myevents.active.com. Registrations may be transferred a maximum of one time to a future year for a $15 fee (plus taxes/fees). After one future year transfer, Tough Mudder will not refund any additional fees, such as difference in cost. If you are having technical difficulty, we will honor your transfer as long as you contact [email protected] by Friday 11:59PM after the original event date.
Event transfers (same year, between US and Canada) – Customers can contact [email protected] to receive an international transfer code. A flat rate of $15 (plus taxes/fees) will be charged upon redeeming the code.
Person Transfers – Contact [email protected] to request a transfer code, which will give you access to a $15 (plus taxes/fees) registration for the new recipient to redeem. The deadline to request a person transfer code is 11:59PM two Fridays immediately prior to the scheduled event start date. If outside of the deadline, please have the new participant bring written permission from the original ticketholder along with the original confirmation email to the Mudder Services tent. A $20 registration transfer fee will be collected on-site via cash or credit card. The new participant is responsible for accessing the event’s digital info pack for the day’s start time windows per brand, which can be found on the event page.
World’s Toughest Mudder Transfers – WTM tickets are not eligible for person transfers, but may be transferred to the following year for a $15 fee (plus taxes/fees). Transfers must be completed by Thursday prior to the WTM weekend via myevents.active.com or by contacting [email protected]
Mudder Village and Mini Mudder – Event transfers are free for Mudder Village and Mini Mudders. To have your transfer fee refunded, contact [email protected]. Person transfers are $5 for Mudder Village and Mini Mudders. Transfers made by 11:59PM on the Friday immediately prior to the scheduled event start date, can be completed by the customer through myevents.active.com. The deadline to request a person transfer code is 11:59PM two Fridays immediately prior to the scheduled event start date. If a request is made outside of the deadline, please have the new participant bring written permission from the original ticket holder along with the original confirmation email to the Mudder Services tent.
Volunteer Codes – Volunteer Codes can be gifted to another person. Please email [email protected] with the code and recipient’s name to have it officially registered with Volunteer HQ. Volunteers are eligible for one complimentary event transfer of a ticket previously purchased with a volunteer code. Contact [email protected] to request a transfer. Person transfers will incur a $15 fee. Volunteer codes are valid for the year volunteered or the following year. Codes are year-specific. Contact Volunteer HQ to have the code moved to the following year. Tough Mudder prohibits the sale of Volunteer codes. Codes that are found to have been sold will be invalidated and any associated registration cancelled.
Free Codes – Registrations redeemed with free codes are eligible for person or event transfers for a $15 fee (plus taxes/fees). Contact [email protected] for a person or event transfer code.
Awarded Codes – Registrations awarded to contest winners or top finishers are eligible for person or event transfers or can use the value of their free registration toward a larger purchase. Contact [email protected] to have your discount code adjusted accordingly. Award codes may not be sold to another participant.
Processing Fee – Active requires an online processing fee for any credit or debit card transactions processed for North American events. The rate varies by location.
Tax – Based on the region or state law, customers will be subject to sales tax. For North American events, sales tax will be added for particular ticket types based off tax rules and will be a separate charge on top of their registration, displayed at checkout.
Second Day Discount – Tough Mudder offers customers who register for both Saturday and Sunday for a particular event a 50% reimbursement off the Sunday registration, or order of lesser value. The customer must first purchase both registrations at full price, attend the events, and then email [email protected] to receive a partial refund. The refund will apply to the base cost of the ticket, not the processing fees or taxes. Registrations associated with free discount codes are not eligible for this promotion, including Groupon.
Price Increases – Tough Mudder’s prices increase for a participant registration several times in the months leading up to the event. For circumstances where the customer has trouble registering online within 24 hours before a price increase and contacts customer support within 48-hours of the error, Tough Mudder will offer the previous price to the customer via either a discount code or refund for the difference in price.
Tattoo Program – Tough Mudder offers customers a free entry or a Lifetime Pass if they get the Tough Mudder tattoo logo ink’d onto their body (see submission requirements here). Once the customer gets a tattoo, they can submit a tattoo entry form on our website here. The request form must be submitted within 1-month of the desired Tough Mudder event to gain free entry. Each tattoo submission is reviewed, validated, and assigned a free code. Registrations redeemed with a code earned from a tattoo may not be transferred to another person.
Lifetime Pass – If a Lifetime Pass is awarded or earned, a customer is given access to free entry to all TM events in one country per year. Includes WTM, Toughest Mudder, Tougher Mudder, Tough Mudder Classic, and TM5K. Lifetime passes will be activated each season annually in January. Registrations must be redeemed no later than two weeks ahead of each Tough Mudder event weekend. Registrations redeemed with Lifetime Pass may not be transferred to another person.
Season Pass – Tough Mudder offers customers the ability to purchase a season pass, which gives access to a specified number of Tough Mudder events in a calendar year. Each pass will specify the valid events. Season Pass registrations must match the name and email address of the buyer and may not be transferred to another person. An unused season pass is eligible for future year transfer for a $15 fee.
Referral rebate – If a Tough Mudder event offers a referral rebate for getting friends to register, the exact referral URL provided in myevents.active.com must be used. Retroactive refunds will not be applied.
Open tickets/Season passes/Ticket bundles – Open tickets/Season passes/Ticket bundles expire at the end of the calendar year indicated on the title of the open ticket.
Unused Event Registrations – Unused event registrations expire the Friday post-event at 11:59PM.
Tough Mudder reserves the right to update or change these policies at any time.