Courtesy of our innovative community, the Virtual Tough Mudder is coming in hot in 2020.
Mudder Nation is a resourceful community. We don’t mean to brag (yes we do), but the last 10 years gathered some of the most creative, eclectic, and unique individuals who came out and made Tough Mudder courses bright with their energy and personality.
So when this year ushered in a new obstacle and it became clear that social distancing and staying home would be the norm for…a while, Mudder Nation immediately put their creativity to use.
The following Virtual Tough Mudder originated from one of our Facebook groups and give a creative spin to a classic course. There are no prizes and no official headbands will be granted, but we wanted to share this with you for inspiration, motivation, and the hopes that maybe you’ll work up a sweat. And don’t forget to use #AtHomeToughMudder on social.
In these challenging times, please remember if you are leaving your home, go to areas where you will not interact with people or share common surfaces.
Any of the following counts toward the Virtual Tough Mudder (feel free to combine and attempt more than one):
– 5k run
– 10k run
– 8-10 mile run
– Incorporate some form of an OCR obstacle (monkey bars, jumping over bike racks, scaling garden walls, etc. Please use caution here as these surfaces tend to be found in parks and other community areas. Use your discretion).
– Complete some form of body weight home workout involving TM movements (crawling, push ups, pull ups, squats, etc).
– Mini obstacle course (kids only)
Very Important Bits:
– TM shirts not necessary but HIGHLY encouraged
– Awarding yourself a headband at the end is necessary
– Treat yourself with finisher beers, bars, and whatever else you might fancy
– Celebratory poses, spectator cheering, and fancy dress are encouraged
– Bonus points for those who find and play in mud!
For those who are ill or immobile please join in as MVPs/Supporters (e.g. cheering on via FB comments/videos).
Can’t wait to see those smiling, sweaty faces!
Photos/videos must be posted as proof. Use #AtHomeToughMudder and you might end up on our page 😉 And don’t forget to SHARE this Virtual Tough Mudder challenge with friends and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for more.
[Featured Image Credit: Photo by Collin Guernsey from Pexels]