Thanksgiving is a holiday of traditions. Tailgating at football games, jogging in your local turkey trot, waiting in crowded lines for Black Friday sales, travelling to see family.
For most of us, all of these are cancelled in 2020. We say it’s time for a new Thanksgiving tradition.
We put our brains together to dream up a new experience that speaks to the resilient spirit we’ve built this year, one that brings shared laughs and experiences to families who can’t be together physically. A new tradition that gets us moving forward and giving back.
INTRODUCING TOUGH TURKEY 2020
Just like everything else in 2020, the Turkey Trot just got a whole lot Tougher. 2020 threw a ton of obstacles your way. Now you and your family can take on the ones you want to conquer. The best part: It’s totally free to register.
Here’s How It Works:
Participants have the option of completing three different courses:
- There’s the Gobbler where you build your own 1K circuit course and you and the little ones get to run/walk for as many laps as you’d like with fun family challenges along the way.
- The Tough Turkey, a core 5K course with 5 five additional “obstacles” to challenge and entertain– a good option for anyone looking to put in some sweat before loading up on pie.
- And then there’s the Toughest Turkey – not for the faint of heart. This Level Up includes an extreme 10K with 10 of the most grueling obstacle challenges we can legally encourage you to complete in your backyard.
In the spirit of the holiday season, you can use your Tough Turkey participation as a way to give back. We’re working with a number of charity partners who you can fundraise for as part of your participation. Visit the charity’s site, create a quick & easy fundraising page and share out to your network.
At Tough Mudder, we’re committed to creating a positive impact in the communities we serve, and are excited to lend our platform to this team of charities to raise crucial funds needed to support their research, programs and direct aid initiatives. Many organizations were hit particularly hard by COVID-19, and every dollar raised makes a meaningful difference.
We’re sweetening the deal– and here’s a little encouragement for you:
- Raise $250 and receive a free 5K entry
- Raise $500 and receive a free Classic entry
- Top Fundraiser nationally will receive a Tough Mudder 2021 Season Pass
Participating charities include:
- Adaptive Training Foundation
- ALS Association – Greater Chicago Chapter
- Capper Foundation
- Keep A Child Alive
- The Herren Project
- Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Move for Hunger
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Pro Literacy Worldwide
- Project Purple
- SAVE Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
Time to rally your family and friends around the country, and take this on together. A little healthy family rivalry? Sounds like Thanksgiving to us. (A team is not required for this event. You can always fly solo here.)
We’ll see you out there (virtually of course). Click here to lock in your spot and start fundraising today.