This year give a traditional holiday dessert a twist with a little help from PhD Nutrition. There won’t be any arguments over who got the biggest serving when everyone has their very own mini chocolate cake. Plus with the addition of some extra protein, even your exercise-obsessed family members will be tempted to tuck in.
Protein-Packed Mini Chocolate Cake
Ingredients (makes 3):
25g unsalted butter
30g greek yogurt 0%
30g dark muscovado sugar
1 large egg
30g Smart Protein chocolate brownie
25g ground almonds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
60g dried mixed fruit
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°c and lightly grease 3 mini cake basins with oil spray or butter.
2. Add the butter, yogurt and sugar to a bowl and beat together by hand or with an electric whisk until fully combined.
3. Then add the egg and beat again until just combined.
4. Add the protein powder, ground almonds, cinnamon, mixed spice, baking powder and salt and stir until a thick batter forms.
5. Finally add the mixed dried fruit, along with the almond milk and fold through until evenly distributed and the batter has loosened.
6. Spoon the mixture between the 3 moulds and bake for 12 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Carefully run a knife round the outside of each mould and turn out onto a plate.
Macros (Per Serving)