Here are our top 5 ways to overcome anxiety
- Identify your triggers: What situations, people, or places make you feel anxious? Once you know what your triggers are, you can develop a plan to manage them and map out a plan to overcome your anxiety
- Challenge your negative thoughts: When you’re feeling anxious, your thoughts can become negative and distorted. Challenging these negative thoughts can help you feel better. We can’t leave out intrusive thoughts either, those buggers really distort reality. Just know that you’re not the only one that has them, and they don’t reflect who you are as a person.
- Breathe: Taking slow, deep breaths can help you relax and focus on the present moment. If you’re having a panic attack, try taking deep slow breaths to get your heartrate down.
- Get moving: Exercise can help reduce anxiety and improve your mood. Even better if you exercise outside in fresh air. Start a training plan for your next event to keep your mind focused on a goal.
- Connect with others: Talking to a trusted friend or family member can help you feel supported and less alone when it comes to overcoming anxiety. Chances are, they also have anxiety about things, too.
This could be you smiling and running outside as you work to overcome anxiety