Tough Mudder mostly has event formats that ARE NOT timed races. So, why should you train for a Tough Mudder? Can’t you just go through it, finish and call it a day? Sure – we welcome all goals and objectives, but if you are entering Mudder Nation – join in head first with no excuses. Below we list out 3 reasons why you should consider Tough Mudder Training, especially if this is your first Obstacle Course experience:
1. Boost Confidence through specific exercises
- Being able to successfully complete all of the obstacles is a goal for most people, but many don’t know where to start and the exercises you need to do to prepare for such a feat. Our training program will leave you feeling stronger and ready to conquer the obstacles. The 5 week program uses specific exercises that are geared towards each obstacle to prepare your body for the event, so you cross the finish line feeling your best.
2. Injury Prevention
- Have you thought about how you will feel after the event? Training will make you feel less sore and most importantly: it will help with injury prevention. A good training program will help to improve muscle function, strengthen your tendons and ligaments and will help your body handle the stress of the event.
3. Support from a certified Tough Mudder Coach and your fellow peers
- In our training program, you will have direct access to your coach and the community you will be running with in your program. You will be able to prepare for your event by asking questions, receiving valuable tips and even finding new running buddies. So much information will be shared, from tips on how to perform obstacles, to nutrition tips and how to live a healthy lifestyle – that you will cross the finish line feeling fulfilled alongside your program members.
Tough Mudder Training begins 5 weeks out from your Tough Mudder. All you need to do is register for the program when you sign up on active.com or if you forget this step, you can enroll here. See you in the mud.