What is an Adrenaline Rush?
What is an adrenaline rush and what are the characteristics of an adrenaline rush? Is it anxiety, nerves, or excitement? These are all characteristics of an adrenaline rush. According to Web MD, Adrenaline, also known as epinephrine, is a stress hormone. Certain activities (hint hint: Tough Mudder) can give you an adrenaline rush. An adrenaline rush at an event like Tough Mudder often stems from nerves, but feels like excitement. Running through a mud pit with a high chance of getting shocked? How thrilling!
What are the Benefits of an Adrenaline Rush?
- You’re able to think on your feet
- Your flight-or-flight response kicks in and you’re able to act immediately to the situation
- You’ll feel less pain
- You’re less likely to feel the zap of the electric shocks from Electric Eel or Electroshock Therapy
- You’ll get a burst of energy
- Coffee who? Adrenaline will give you the burst of energy you wish you got from your morning cup of Joe
- You’ll feel limitless
- What is it you can’t do in this moment?! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s YOU
- You’ll have strength you didn’t know you had
You’ll go from this:
What are You Waiting For?
Get your adrenaline fix at an upcoming event!